Sunday 26 January 2014

Minister Itinerans, ubi es?

"Where have you been?!" I can hear all of you asking.  Yes, all of you dear faithful readers, otherwise known as search engine crawler bots (and a certain sacristan). Well, the short answer to that is an injury car accident, as well as a heavy course load at university.  Those can tend to keep someone otherwise occupied and distract from the important things of life, such as blogging!

Anyway, here's a quick update of what I have been up to, to be filled in later with actual backdated posts containing details. (Yes, I have kept notes!)  Since August, I have . . .

  • Officially switched my parish to St. Francis de Sales Oratory.
  • Been in a car accident, sustaining neck, back and wrist injuries which kept me from easily writing, serving or playing the organ.
  • Continued to (try to) serve and play the organ anyway.
  • Arranged a Missa Solemnis at the Shrine of St. Ferdinand, including training of all major and minor ministers other than the celebrant.
  • Arranged a Missa Cantata at the Shrine of St. Joseph.
  • Helped arrange a Missa Solemnis for Augustinian Canons, according to their monastic usages of the 1962 Missal.
  • Added five new churches to my serving list, bringing the total to 55.
  • Done many other liturgical things which may end up in a future post.

To my faithful sacristan reader, and to all of the Google crawlers, thank you for your devotion during these past months!

---
Datum S. Ludovici, die XXVII mensis Ianuarii, Dominica III Post Epiphaniam, anno MMXIV.

1 comment: