Wednesday 15 May 2013

Dies Unus

Fittingly, my first day of having a blog provided me with ample material about which I could write!

My day started early, serving a private EF Mass at 07:00 at St. Mary of Victories Chapel downtown.  Following Mass, I quickly made my way to St. Francis de Sales Oratory where I had been requested by the sacristan to assist with "making" three altars.  So up into the convent we went, to la chapelle where the two of us quickly got to work.

Our goal for the morning was simple: by 11:00, to turn this:


into this: 


Only the best, right?

Two hours of work (over fascinating liturgical discussions) and four sacristy trips later, we had finished!


Looks pretty similar, right?  Though in actuality, I think it looks very nice!  You almost cannot tell it is a temporary altar made out of plywood.

Completed altars, now awaiting priests!

Finishing around 10:30, I gathered my two new altar missals and departed from the Oratory.  What was that, you ask?  Yes, I said two new altar missals!  Two weeks ago, some unknown person left behind in the church two altar-sized 1965 Missalia Romana ("Missale" is a 3rd declension i-stem neuter noun, right?  Right.), and the same, aforementioned sacristan (who was happy to be rid of them) generously gave them to me!


The smaller of the two is interesting, because near the middle an additional section was inserted into the binding with the 1970 MR additions.



That sounds like a full day, right?  Wrong!  I arrived home at 11:30, with just enough time to catch my breath before going down to St. Clare of Assisi Church (pictured in the blog header) to ring the bells for the noon Regina Cœli, and simultaneously to be photographed for the local newspaper in its feature article about the church, its bell tower, and all which pertains to it!

Later, we met again at 18:00 after the evening bell for a group photograph of all three bell-ringers.  More details of this shall be forthcoming!

Et factum est vespere et mane, dies unus.

---

Mass heard: 07:00, St. Mary of Victories
Serving streak: 13 days

Datum S. Ludovici, die XV mensis Maii, in festo S. Johanni Baptistae de la Salle Confessoris, anno MMXIII.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Steven its me Brandee! Love the blog so funny, Informational, and cute. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post Steven. Very funny and very educational :) Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!

    ()()
    ('.')
    (")(")
    A bunny

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete