Tuesday 14 May 2013

In initio . . .

. . . erat primum scriptum (quod scriptum est a ministro itinerante).

After months of consideration (and some ecclesiastical peer pressure), I have decided to set up a blog to chronicle the many unique and interesting liturgical situations which I frequently encounter.  First, a brief introduction of myself:

I am a 22-year-old university student of Philosophy, an ICRSS-trained altar server, a daily bell-ringer, and an aspiring organist.  In addition to being de facto caretaker of a church, I am known and involved in many other churches of the area.

A sampling of interesting experiences I have had recently includes:
  • Serving as Master of Ceremonies for Holy Mass for Bishop Peter J. Elliott, author of The Ceremonies of the Modern Roman Rite and The Ceremonies of the Liturgical Year, in both forms of the Roman Rite.
  • Arranging and serving as Master of Ceremonies for a series of Missæ Cantatæ sung by a newly-ordained monastic priest, in a non-Roman liturgical rite used regularly in, at most, five churches in the entire world.
    • Authoring a rubrical guide for this same rite.
  • Serving alone for a Pontifical Chrism Mass in the Maronite Rite.
  • Training a Monsignor to say the Traditional Latin Mass.

My plan is to recount here some of these experiences, as well as others stories of interest or amusement from the day-to-day routine of an itinerant altar server (minister itinerans).   I hope you enjoy it!

Datum S. Ludovici, die XIV mensis Maii, in festo S. Bonifacii Martyri, anno MMXIII.

No comments:

Post a Comment